Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Dork Diaries 4: Tales from a Not-So-Graceful Ice Princess

Written by: Rachel Renee Russell

First line: OMG! I have never been so EMBARRASSED in my entire life!!

Why you should read this book: Nikki, the stereotypically insecure adolescent, worries that cute boy Brandon doesn't like her, and that mean girl MacKenzie will humiliate her, and somehow this translates into her decision to perform in a charity ice skating event despite her complete lack of talent or ability. I guess these novels help girls feel better about themselves, or more normal, or simply like they're at least doing better than Nikki; I have no idea, really. My stepdaughter received this one for Christmas but it's far above her reading level and I hate to see books go to waste.

Why you shouldn't read this book: You like to cultivate your obvious talents and you don't worry about what other people think.

No comments: